Re: NFC: Fw: Lucania parva

FYI ...they appear tough.Might I reccomend you join our email list to
further discuss the topic...I will forward the thread to you either way
WH writes,

> I haven't bred them, but have enjoyed observing them in our SF Bay
> creeks.
> They obviously can take full-strength sea water, as they move easily
> from
> one creek to another around the bay.
>
> > Initially
> > accepting various       foods, I believe an inadvertent green
> water
> > algae bloom, has helped them through the          transition, w/
> reguard
> > to shyness, and perhaps   even aided in a smoother dietary
> transition.
> > Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
>
> From the 3rd Vol of the Beansch series, I gleaned the following
> *maybe*
> optimum conditions:
>
> Filamentous green algae and live foods, mostly for food.
>
> Alkaline water with a bit of salt (1t/25G).
>
> The algae or very soft mops for spawning medium.
>
> Gotta run. MNF is starting! ;-)
>
> Wright
>
> --
> Wright Huntley, Fremont CA, USA, 510 494-8679  huntleyone at home
> dot com
>
>          "DEMOCRACY" is two wolves and a lamb voting on lunch.
>      "LIBERTY" is a well-armed lamb denying enforcement of the vote.
>              *** http://www.self-gov.org/index.html ***

Robert Rice
Join the NFC and help save our fishes.   http://www.nativefish.org/

The truth no matter how little of it there is is always in oversupply !