Re: NFC: Pacific Northwest Amphibians

On Sun, 26 Dec 1999 23:45:15 GMT, nfc at actwin_com wrote:
>  1) What are the laws governing the collection and breeding (I always
>  have babies) of local amphibians and fish in my area? Or where could I
>  find them? I am not interested in keeping game fish.

Hi Amy,

I checked out the Washington fishing regs and it looks like you may have a
rough time collecting legally in your state. The regs state you can use hook
and line only, and nets may only be used to help land a fish caught on a
line. I have no idea how Washington views collecting non-game fish, but I do
seem to recall somebody complaining before that it's not allowed. I may be
wrong.

You can check through your state's fishing regs at the Washington Dept. of
Fish and Wildlife site at http://www.wa.gov/wdfw/. Perhaps you can find a
point of contact there that can help you find the answers you seek to
questions 1, 3, and 4.

Good luck!

Tony Gustafson
DeKalb, IL
The only problem with the gene pool is
there is no lifeguard.

Visit Excite Shopping at http://shopping.excite.com
 The fastest way to find your Holiday gift this season