NFC: writing to teachers

Well you all saw the letter posted by Robert Rice the other day, which
was written from an anonymous person to all of the science teachers at
the local high school.

In case you didn't figure it out, that was me.  I just wanted to let you
know I've had no less than three teachers reply in the last couple of
days, and one sounds especially interested in getting more involved in
local conservation efforts.

We've all agreed to meet after the holidays when their schedules lighten
up a bit.  I've suggested to them in the meantime to investigate ways to
procure basic aquarium gear, so that when the weather warms up they will
be ready to keep part of a catch from a collecting trip in the local
river.

I'll also see if I can talk them into getting a student to maintain a
web site about what they're doing.

Investing time in one young person is probably a wiser investment than
investing in an older person.  You know the kid is going to have some
impact on their parents, and probably their friends too.  A childs
enthusiasm can be contagious when focused on constructive interests.  Do
you have a weekend to spare to talk to some children?  If so, contact
your local school.  It doens't hurt to ask.

--

"I would remind you that extremism in defense of liberty is no vice; and
I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no