NFC: Fw: Heritage_Forests alert: The Forests Need Your Voice!

You can take action on this alert either on the web or by email.

Here's what this alert is about:

The Forests Need Your Voice!
----------------------

Dear Friend,

We need your help again!  Thanks to your previous action,
President Clinton is proposing protection for America's last
wild and scenic forests.

If this historic opportunity is to become reality, the Forest
Service needs to hear from you.  Hit REPLY and send an email to
the Forest Service right now.

Our forests continue to be threatened by roads and logging trucks.
As expected, the timber industry and their allies in Congress
will be fighting hard to stop this proposal.

From now until December 20th, we have the opportunity to state
loud and clear that our forests need a strong protection policy.

It is up to you to tell the Forest Service about the priceless
value of our National Forests.  We've made it easy for you to
help -- all you need to do is hit "Reply" to this email, and the
letter below will be automatically sent to the Forest Service on
your behalf.

For the Forests, For the Future,
Rebekah

PS-- For more information about this action, please visit
http://www.ourforests.org or email me at
mailto:rebekah at emediacy_org.

----------------------

INSTRUCTIONS TO RESPOND VIA THE WEB:
If you have access to a web browser, you can take action on this
alert by going to the following URL:

http://actionnetwork.org/take-action.tcl?key=147997A3568B942886932C94236

INSTRUCTIONS TO RESPOND VIA EMAIL:
Responding via email to this alert is easy.  Just choose the "reply to
sender" option on your email program, and edit the letter below as you
wish.  If your email program does not have a "reply to sender" option,
you can copy and paste the letter below into a new email message and
mail it to alert-response-147997A3568B942886932C94236 at actionnetwork_org.

You must include the whole letter in your response starting with
"-YOU MAY EDIT THE LETTER BELOW-" and ending with "-END OF LETTER-".

We STRONGLY encourage you to make edits directly to our sample letter
below, and put the alert talking points into your own words. An
individualized letter is worth ten computer generated letters. Of
course, hundreds of unedited letters will still create a large impact,
so please reply even if you don't have time to personalize the letter.

Your letter will be addressed and sent to:
Senator Bob Graham
Senator Connie Mack
 USDA United States Forest Service---CAET

-------YOU MAY EDIT THE LETTER BELOW---------

Dear Forest Service:

I applaud President Clinton's announcement that you will be
preparing a roadless area protection policy. I urge you to
protect the  60 million acres of remaining roadless wild lands
in our national forests, which provide excellent recreational
opportunities for millions of Americans, habitat for wildlife,
and clean water for communities.

I urge you to adopt a policy that:

· Accords roadless areas strong, effective protection from all
damaging activities, including logging, mining, and off-road
motorized vehicles,

· Provides immediate and permanent protection for ALL roadless
areas 1000 acres and larger in all national forests, including
the Tongass National Forest in Alaska, and

· Does not defer protection of roadless areas to the forest
planning process.

We all have a responsibility to protect these roadless, wild
forests. Once they are gone, they are gone forever.

If you would like to be removed from the Heritage_Forests Network list,
please
visit http://actionnetwork.org/home.tcl?key=147997A3568B942886932C94236
or else respond to this email with "REMOVE" as the subject line. Be sure
to include the entire text of this message in your response.