Re: NFC: aquarium basics site

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Wright Huntley wrote:
> could use it a lot. I actually use it about (maybe) once a month. OTOH, my
> tds meter gets used several times a week, as osmotic shock is truly harmful
> to fish (particularly if tds change is downward by a serious amount). KH/GH
> titration test kits are too slow and cumbersome to be that useful, IMHO.

	What is a TDS meter? (perhaps Total Dissolved Solids aka
hardness?). I am not quite sure.

	Are pH and hardness related? I have been under the impression that
lower pH and lower hardness were synonymous.

	Wright, being a relative newcomer to the hobby, I have made quite
a few mistakes that you describe. I did pay a lot of $$ for a
pH/Ammonia/Nitrite/Nitrate test kit and have used it once or twice in the
past year. Thanks for the informative post.

Sajjad
--
Sajjad Lateef       <http://www.lateef.org/sajjad/>
sajjad at acm_org      sajjad at lateef_org

Follow-Ups: References: