Re: NFC: SURVEY Time....

robert a rice wrote:

> OK its past time for a survey here on the list....I think the lists
> should be fun so heres my attempt to make it more pleasant. All winners
> are at my discetion I am always right and all lists are for fun...if youd
> like to put up a prize  feel free to make your own survey...guesses close
> on saturday 5 pm est ....Enjoy and like I said have fun !!!
>
> 3 ?'s MULTI LEVEL answer at will
>
> 1.) Whats your general age ...ie 30's 40's etc

Positively geriatric! (OK, 67 -- last Friday)

> 2) What is your favorite fish related activity..ie fishing , collecting,
> dating :) etc...

Finding and hatching eggs. Breeding that 2nd or 3rd generation of difficult
fish. Driving married desert conservation-work-party guys nuts by dragging
along single female(s) to every one.

> 3) Finally for a Joe Tommellerri Print ( i will pick one winner  at
> random from all correct answers gota get all 5 no limit on guesses since
> this is for fun...) be specific.....
>
>  name these 7 fish from their common names.
>
> 1) Lawyer fish -- Great White Shark
>
> 2) Strawberry bream -- Wimbeldon favorite
>
> 3) speckeled cat -- *Ameiurus serracanthus*
>
> 4) Stump knocker -- Old FL-strain Largemouth Bass
>
> 5)leopard killie -- *Rachovia pyropunctata* (^_^)
>
> 6)Kansas Cichlid -- *Tilapia topeka*
>
> 7) Pygmy livebearer *Leptolucania ommata*

I give up. Common names are just too ambiguous and localized. None of the
above live west of the Rockies, AFAIK. ;-)

Any interest in *Lucania parva*? I am tempted to go collect a few and offer
as prizes for my own survey if they are wanted anywhere. The late Dale Weber
claimed several north bay ponds have quite different color varieties. I'd
like to explore that as I can find time. They are in very salty water, now,
but can be aclimated to pure fresh water if folks aren't into keeping
brackish tanks. LMK.

Wright

--

         "DEMOCRACY" is two wolves and a lamb voting on lunch.
     "LIBERTY" is a well-armed lamb denying enforcement of the vote.