Re: NFC: Boiling Gravel - Quick consensus

I reuse old gravel all the time.  I would do nothing except polish it with a
good micron filter like a hot magnum.  If you boiled it, you would wind up
killing all the beneficial bacteria that goes dormant when the gravel dries
up too and then whatever residual organic matter is left would just rot and
you would have assured yourself of some nasty ammonia and nitrite spikes.
your fish will like you better if you don't boil the gravel :)