	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Wright Huntley [SMTP:huntley1 at home_com]
	Sent:	Sunday, October 17, 1999 6:32 AM
	To:	nfc at actwin_com
	Subject:	Ostracods (was Re: NFC: Moina)

	Are moina a tropical-only species? I'm getting the impression they
don't
	make it outdoors in more temperate climates. Why do we only seem to
find
	them in Fla. and Hawaii?

	A friend gave me a starter of *Ostracods* that seem to be doing what
	wanted from *moina*. Considerably far smaller than *Daphnia magna*,
they are
	almost perfect size for most smaller killies.

	Anyone with experiences with them?

	Wright

	Klaus Schoening wrote:

	> If you are in the Tampa Area, contact a member of the Suncoast
Killies Club,
	> almost all of them have Moina.   Try Harry Specht.
	>
	> J.F. Laurent wrote:
	>
	> > Someone has asked me if I know of a source of moina cultures.
Who has some

	--
	Wright Huntley, Fremont CA, USA, 510 494-8679  huntleyone at home
dot com

	         "DEMOCRACY" is two wolves and a lamb voting on lunch.
	     "LIBERTY" is a well-armed lamb denying enforcement of the vote.
	             *** http://www.self-gov.org/index.html ***