Re: NFC: Brookfield zoo exhibit

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 klaus.schoening at jungle_org wrote:

> Sounds like a food problem.  To bring out the colors in SRBD you need to
> have live plants and feed a varied diet.  Include vegetable fare.  They
> should also receive fd ocean plankton, or Mysis at least once a week.
> There is no reason for cyprinids to be skinny if they are properly fed.

	I agree. They really need more live plants in there.

	http://www.brookfieldzoo.com

> website?  Are there members in the Chicago area who could volunteer to

	Me.

> help out?  If you get me the name of the Fish Curator or Zoo Curator I
> will contact him, but we need someone near there to do the legwork to
> make this a viable attractive site...that is if the zoo would even
> welcome it.

	They are affiliated with the Chicago Zoological Society. Just so
that I haven't given a wrong impression of the zoo, they are already doing
a great job. For example: the floor of the Swamp exhibit is made of some
kind of spongy rubber to simulate walking on a peat bog; they are breeding
rare mammals; etc.

Sajjad
--
Sajjad Lateef       <http://www.eecs.uic.edu/~slateef/>