Re: NFC: DP locating larger diversity of fish

In a message dated 9/28/99 6:58:38 PM, bzuck at uswest_net writes:

<< The answer in most cases is yes, because the streams to large rivers
also serve as nurseries for river fish.

Another example is the canals here in south Florida.  The larger, main
east/west feeder from the Everglades have smaller canals running off them and
are where I do most my fishing. They are often choked with aquatic vegitation
and some of the best collecting available. Sadly, one of the most diverse
nureries was all but destroyed from a recent DOT road widening project where
they dammed the canal from the main.  Flow has been restored here but the
diversity will be a while in recovery.

Daryl