NFC: Fundulus chrysotus eggs

    I was amazed at the size of chrysotus eggs, the golden ear killie,
when I picked my first one.  I got a chance to measure one today under a
microscope.  It is 2 millimeters or .080 inch.  The first fry hatched
over the weekend.  The developing fry look almost white and the little
eyes glow in the egg as they develop.  To incubate the eggs I used kimax
petri dishes that had been sterilized in the microwave as was the water
the eggs were incubated with.

I am looking forward to seeing the melanistic chrysotus eggs to see if
the developing fry look any different.

Later this week we are supposed to have the capability of taking digital
pictures and movies of the eggs..... I can't wait.