NFC: keeping game fish in Indiana

As I understand Indiana law, you may keep game fish that are legally caught
with hook and line and, are of legal size, in an aquarium.  Of course, you
must have a proper fishing license.  Game fish caught by traps or nets must
be released.

I still question which are game fish and which are not.  A year ago, I
cornered a DNR Enforcement Officer and he looked up data in a reference book.
 According to him, Grass Pickerel are not considered to be a game fish, but
another type of Pickerel is.  Eel are not considered to be game fish.

 <A HREF="http://www.nativefish.org/Links/index.html#GovtAgencies">Native
Fish Conservancy Links</A>   click here to get to links for your state's
laws.  Right at the NFC web page.

Chuck Church
Indianapolis, Indiana USA