Re: NFC: Mexico & North American natives

            I believe the thrust of Chris's question was whether or not
Mexico "fits into the interests" of the NFC.  We are the " NATIVE Fish
Conservancy " and I for one invision an evolution of our organization
internationaly.  Although our efforts currently revolve around the
continental US, in my view, the thrust of our effort is to preserve and
maintain species and thier "habitats" native-centric to thier region and
definable, as best we can, as that which occured naturally prior to human
intervention.  The in-field activities of the NFC are in effect,
"management".  The ERP does not condone the release of any species not
native-centric to it's region, worldwide.   And my view is not human-centic
in the long term, as I work to preserve these species and thier habitats from
the proccesses we've set in motion which threaten them with exterpation or
extinction simply for thier own sake and not nescessarilly for the
edification of future human generations.  Conservation is about the species
we endeavor to preserve, it is not ALL about us.  : )  Eccept for the "no
release mandate"  this is not meant to express official NFC policy, but
simply my opinions offered, outside my role in the ERP, as an NFC member and
carrying no more weight than any other members opinions expressed here.
Just a broader personal view.
            With that said, and having nothing to do with it  : ), the ERP is
on a months hiatus as I have some matters which require my undivided
attention, but will be back on it, ready to rock and roll at month's end
...or middle.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will be
picking up e-mail along the way.

Daryl