RE: NFC: Anchor worms

[snip]
And it seem ironic
> to me that
> nature managed itself just fine all by itself and now in our arrogance
> HUMANS have to manage it! Why don't we manage ourselves and let
> nature take
> its course?!

Part of the problem is that we have already changed the natural environment
to such an extent that, in many cases, intervention is necessary.  For
example, the patchwork of wooded and open spaces in the area where I live
(Michigan) is a much better habitat for deer than the dense forests that
existed about 200 years ago.  The deer also have an easy source of food in
the corn fields that are common here.

Andrew Dalton