Re: NFC: nativefish.org web site critique [LONG!!]

All documents should get an overview if they are represanting the
NFC...in case they actually do not put us in a favorable light....

Also for future reference lets take these long crtiques of NFC stuff to a
private discussion it makes some people uncomfortable and gives he
impression that the efforts of volunteers are inadequit wich they are not
...:)

I appreciate the excitement and influx of ideas but lets temper it with a
bit of common sense. Some people are willing to volunteer but unwilling
to have their efforts publicaly critiqued. Lets be polite and take it
private

>> I think any document representing the NFC should pass by one of the
>> officers first, before being sent outside the organization.
>
>Not a bad idea but given our current "to do list" combined with the
>low
>volunteer count, how much is this going to slow us down?
>
>I don't want to speak for RR, but the impression I've gotten after
>many
>chats about public outreach is that he's going to be more hands-off
>about this as long as we are good ambassadors.  Correct me if I'm
>wrong,
>Robert.
>
>> They should be
>> able to determine whether it's appropriate or not, and instruct the
>author
>> of any changes/corrections that need to be made.
>
>Generally something like this in a non-profit organization would fall
>under the pervue of the office of Corresponding Secretary, which is
>an
>office that to my knowledge we don't currently have.  The
>corresponding
>secretary is usually responsible for communicating with external
>people
>or at least signing off on letters before they go out.  In the
>absence
>of such an office, the next best thing is to have a document that
>shows
>a unified front in the absence of a single person that handles
>correspondence.
>
>But you raise a good point;  as part of this document I need to ask
>the
>powers that be if I need to include provisions for a review process
>by
>the officers before allowing letters to go out.  Officers?
>
>--
>
>"I would remind you that extremism in defense of liberty is no vice;
>and
>I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is
>no
>virtue." - Barry Goldwater
>FOR COMMENT CHANNELS ONLY

Robert Rice
Help Preserve our Aquatic Heritage join the Native Fish Conservancy
online
 at our website http://www.nativefish.org