From: HanfordSci at aol_com
To: president at nativefish_org
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 22:30:57 EDT
Subject: Wacahota road

Collecting S. of Gainesville:
Today I went south of Gainesville to Wacahota road.  There are a series
of
culverts that were very productive.  I collected golden top minnows,
flagfish, bluefin killie, Elasomma sp (2 color morphs) and some I'm not
sure
what sunfish like units.  The Flagfish are particularly colorful. Shallow

water in grass was the most productive, but also some fish in deeper
areas
near culvert. Also went to Styx again, got in up to my neck this time and
did
right well.  More Elasomma, bluefin killie, pygmy livebearer, and three
gorgeous golden top minnows and a larger (2") sunfish that I'm not sure
about.
This is my last week in Gainesville.  I leave on Friday.  Taking aquaria
down
tomorrow and sending home fish other than those I'm saving for carry on
luggage.  See ya.

Scott Page (return email to rs_page at owt_com)