Re: NFC: Cloudy Water

Always a popular topic on the weekly chat.  BTW, if I do this ICQ
thing, what are all the ICQ numbers I will need?  Or are we doing
the "dreaded Java Chat" this week?

> > NTS is not the same thing as the cloudiness here.  NTS refers
> > specifically to Ammonia/nitite buildup in the first few weeks after
> > stocking an aquarium.  The bacterial bloom mentioned IS common in new
> > tanks (especially if your tap water is chlorinated), but is not the same
> > thing as NTS.  The bloom will not recurr, plants or no.
> >

> > Prost,
>
> Thanks for clearing that up (no pun intended). Now for another question.
> Does anybody have any techniques for cooling their tanks during warm
> weather? Since mine has an ecplise filter, that rules out removing the
> hood and directing a fan across the surface.
>
> Tony Gustafson

> Get FREE voicemail, fax and email at http://voicemail.excite.com
> Talk online at http://voicechat.excite.com

Prost,

Martin

Greater American Freshwater Fishes Resource Site (GAFFeRs):  http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/

"Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade

"Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes

Follow-Ups: References: