NFC: Fw: F chrysotus in Gainesville

As a part of my summer program we do a "community outreach" program
called
"fishing for success." While cleaning up trash around a pond today in E.
Gainesville in a run down neighborhood I took the opportunity to slip in
my
dip net.
I dipped a half dozen F. chrysotus in about a half an hour. Blind slashes

through the heavy vegetation.  I'm especially excited about one male and
female that are large (maybe 2.5") and absolutely stunning.  A couple
smaller
males and a couple juvi/females also.  Even the small males have a
tremendous
red coloration which really sets off their gold flecks.  The pond also
contains a few small Gams but not many. This pond was recently planted
with
bream and bass by the UF.  They will be planting catfish soon.  I'm told
there quite a few large golden's in this pond.  Thought you might be
interested.  BTW: The human inhabitants there are a slice of Americana
that
some folks wouldn't want to risk.
R. Scott Page