Re: NFC: Goldfish chase trout away

Phylesis at aol_com wrote:

> Not being a proponent of chemicals as a viable solution to exotic removal
> primarily because it often destroys much more of the eco-system than the
> single targeted fish.
> Is the lake natural or manmade?.   How about introducing some large predators
> that wouldn't interfere with the trout populations. If there are any.  I also
> think the idea of small predators to control the fry is not a bad idea, just
> use natives. The best recipe for goldfish I can come with  involves a blender
> and icecube tray.  : )

My pacus may soon get that very treatment.  I've been struggling with
the idea of eating my big pets and I'm not quite sure if I want to do
that.  My wife tells me I am a dead man if I put those pacus in "her"
blender.  It's not practical though since each fish is at least a pound
if not several pounds, they would need to be cut up before they'd fit in
a blender, and I don't have a big enough freezer or enough ice cube
trays.  But it was a neat idea. :)

As for the goldfish, I wonder if some bowfin or muskies would thin out
the goldfish population in a hurry.

--

"I would remind you that extremism in defense of liberty is no vice; and
I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no