Re: NFC: Re: Darter tanks and other stuff

Chris Hedemark wrote:

[snip]
> Here's my thought.  The new house WILL have a dedicated fishroom, either
> in the barn or in the basement of the house.  Because of the weight of
> all the tanks it will have to be on the foundation either way.  I'm
> leaning towards the barn because here in NC the ground water is high and
> the soil doesn't drain so the basements tend to be wet.

One advantage of using the basement is that it is much easier to keep
the tanks cool.  And if the basement is equipped with a dehumidifier (as
it will probably need to be, if you have your fish room there), then you
can get additional cooling through evaporation.