Re: NFC: LIst Survey

Joshua L Wiegert wrote:

> Hey All.
>   Robert recently sent out a NFC survey, figured while everyone's in the
> mood, I'll send out this one too.  Please do not cross post replies -- may
> even be best to send them just to me.  Some questions are applicable to
> only main list members, some to only sublist members.
>
> 1:  What sublists do you belong to?

Benthic

> 2:  Did you know we had all these sublists?

Obviously

> 3:  Do  you know the address for Santa Claus?  If so, what is it, and why
> do I get so much coal?

I asked him and he said, "He doesn't security clearance for that information!"

I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you.

> 4:  Where you previously aware that I was list administrator?

No

> 4b: If not, have you ever wanted to contact the list admin. and not known
> how?

No

> 5:  Have you ever thought you should have contacted the list administrator
> and not done so?

No

> 5b: If so, why?  (Feel free to generalize this.)
> 5c: If not, have you ever contacted the list admin. or someone else with a
> problem, and if so what was it?
> 6:  Are frequent "non member submission's" (I.e., mail I fwd onto the
> list) a problem to you?

No

> 7:  Are attachments a problem?

Don't really care for them

> 8:  Would you like to see a FTP site for attachemnts (esp. id this fish
> questions) to be uploaded to?
>     Such a site may become a victim of SPAM or unwanted files reaching it.
> Would you a: Like to see it stay open?  b: Like me to work harder by
> 'screening' uploads and then sending them on myself?  c: Like someone to
> just screen and delete junk from it?

Maybe if I knew exactly what it was

>     Would you visit such a site at all?

See above

> 9:  Would you like to see the reposted articles added to a FTP site like
> that?

Yes

> b: SHould new ones still be sent to lists?

Yes

> 10:  Should I be given a stipend with whcih to buy a new computer with?

I don't know you well enough to say, but since Santa didn't seem to fond of
you I'd say no

> 11:  Would you like to see the NFC get a server and/or domain to contain
> its mailing lists?

If it would make it better than it already is

> b: web page?

See above

> c: E-mail addy's of "staff?"

See #8

> 12: Do you find cross posts to the lists excessive (i.e., mail to sunfish
> and NFC, etc.) ?

No

> 13: If so, any suggestions on fixing it?
> 14: Any suggestions for the web-life of NFC at all?
> 15: Will lisab at netrover_com (LisaBabe) go out with me next Friday?

See #3