NFC: Brand New List Regs.

Hey all.
These are the new list regs.  They're effective immediately.  Let me know
what you think.

Rules and Guidelines for The Native Fish Conservancy List and Sublists
Contacting List Administrator
   My name is Josh Wiegert, and I'm the list Administrator.  I'm a college
student, so wind up busy a lot.  I'm generally a pretty easy going guy,
tend to be light and joke around a bit, but I'm not someone to have on
your bad side.  You should feel free to contact me with any comments,
suggestions, or concerns you have about the list.  My ICQ UIN and AIM name
are on my sig for a reason, feel free to holler at me there too.  I'll try
to get back to you as soon as possible.  I'm also a long time fish-keeper
and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about
non-native fish as soon as I get chance.  If I can't answer, I'll fwd it
to someone who can.
   The list admin. of any list run under Majordomo is available by sending
e-mail to owner-<list>@<server>.  For NFC's lists, this is
owner-nfc at actwin_com, or any other listname (except, I think,
owner-NFC-digest at actwin_com).  I'm also available (usually) at
joshuaw at paulsmiths_edu.  Occassionaly, I'll make some one else list admin.
if I'm on extended leave.  This'll be known to the list who it is.
Likely, this will just be sent to NFC@actwin, and not hte sublists.  I
recommend everyone join NFC at actwin_com, even if they're on just one
sublist.  Its available in digest format, so subscribing to it will add
only one new e-mail per day (or so).
   You should feel free to contact me for any reason.

SPAM:

   Spam is defined as followed:  Any unwelcome commercial posting, or
multiple postings of the same materiel.  (Such as posting the same message
5 times.)  The following exceptions exist:
-=Relevant=- Articles
The Trading Post, Creel, Fish Wish List, etc.: These are  collective posts
of people looking for fishes.  There is a section for commercial messages.
These are run by individuals on the list.  Other such units should gain
approval from the list manager before posting.
Accidental repeats:  Your router is lagging, and a message didn't make it
through for 8 hours.  You repeated it.  Both got sent.  As long as its
obviously not purposeful, it won't get you in trouble.

First Offense:  Warning.
Second Offense: Suspension from list for time period of administrators
discresion.
Third: Permanent removal.

Extremely offensive material may result in immediate and permanent
removal.  Examples include sex or pornographic advertisements, chain
letters, and triangle/pyramid/etc. scams.  These will also result in a
nice little letter sent to your servers administrator, which may result in
revocation of your account there.

SPAM sent from adresses not on the list do not go thru.  However, they do
createa  bounce to the list-owners private account.  Any spam traced from
a false adress back to a list member will result in the above, skipping
first offense.
Bluntly, I'm sick and tired of getting a mailbox full of spam, ya'll don't
like it, I don't like it.  Especially not when I've already got a ton of
it.

FLAMES:

   A flame is any insulting or in/flam/atory remark.  This is something
meant to intentionally anger or upset someone else.  This is at the
receiving parties and/or list admin.'s discretion.

First and Second Offense:  Warnings.
Third and Forth  Offense:  Suspension for time period of admin.
discretion.
Fifth:  Removal.

   Watch what you say, and you won't get in trouble.  Light comments will
generally be ignored.

POSTS:

   Keep the material in posts relevant.  Some wandering of topics is bound
to occur, and will generally be ignored.  Keep the politics to a minimum.
Completely off topic posts should not be made.
   Continued threads (more than 10 replies to an original message) should
be taken offlist.

General Offense: Notice to keep on topic to list.
Continued: Warnings.
Regular: Suspension.
Continued Regular:  Removal.

   Again, this is at discretion.  Yes, its a fish list.  If you have a
question about fish that is off topic: You may send it to me at
joshuaw at paul_paulsmiths.edu.  If I can't answer it myself, I'll get it
answered, or just make up something that sounds good.

CROSS POSTS:

   NFC now has a number of sublists - including NFC-Digest, Predators,
Benthic, Cyrpinids, Sunfish, NFCBreeders, NoExotic, and FWL (Fish Wish
List.)  Cross posting to these lists is simply not going to be tolerated.
Many people are on multiple lists and have no desire to get more than one
copy of posts.  If information is extremely relevant to multiple lists,
nothing will likely be said about this.  However, frequent cross posts
will be treated as spam, with the following change:  For every list you
multiply post to, this is one SPAM message.  I.e., send it to six lists,
you just hit your sixth offense.   Official posts will be crossposted.

ATTACHMENTS:

   By popular request, attachments on e-mail should not be sent.  This
includes HTML mail, images, etc.  MOst of these are too big for Majordomo
to handle anyhow.  In the body of your mail, include a URL where
attachments may be found.  Shortly, I will be creating a webpage for just
such a thing.  All attachments will then be sent to me, and I'll screen
and upload them to the site.  It'll be available by HTTP or FTP.

OTHER:

  Harrassment by other means:
    You can get a list of all members of any list by sending mail to
Majordomo at actwin_com with the command who <list> in the body.  Use of this
list to spam/flame or otherwise bother list members will result in
immediate removal and/or contact to your site admin.  The same goes for
just sending mail to someone whos recently posted.  Messages of this
nature should be forwarded WITH HEADERS to joshuaw at paul_paulsmiths.edu.

  Digest and Other Lists:
     The volume of this document applies to members of
NFC-Digest at actwin_com and its members, NFC at actwin_com and its members, and
all affiliated sublists.

  Correcting the Admin:
     The admin, me, is always right.  If I say the sky is orange, its
orange.  Don't argue with me. :)  With all seriousnous, this comment
simply means that all decisions by the list administrator are final.

  Final Comments:
     The list has been more or less flame free, and, aside from some
bizarre situations mostly on topic.  We'd like to keep it that way.
Everyone makes mistakes, and they'll generally be forgiven.  As long as
you're not out to make an ass of yourself, you shouldn't get into too much
trouble.
     Those of you who know me know that I'm a pretty easy going guy.  As
I've said before, if you're not out to make a jerk of yourself, you'll be
allright.  I'm not out to be a censor, I'm not out to settle disputes,
just try to keep the list a bit happy for everyone.

 end
 ><>
 J. L. Wiegert                                    ICQ UIN: 1918889
 New Web Page Up and Coming!                      AIM  ID: Etheosoma
 http://nativefish.interspeed.net    --           NFC's Web Page