Re: NFC: Flagfish

My first aquarium was a 20 gal brackish setup with, among other things,
a pair of flagfish. One died after a month or two from ich, but the
other survived into the next year when I converted the tank into a
marine setup (for dwarf seahorses). I eventually gave the little guy to
a friend, who then kept him in a freshwater aquarium. In every
environmental situation, freshwater, brackish and marine, the flagfish
seemed to do just fine. Really a quite impressive little fish!

I've seen them for sale in pet stores, but only every once in a blue
moon. In my four years as a fish-jockey at the local pet store, I think
we may have ordered only two or three shipments of flagfish. They were a
tough sell, because as you mentioned, most people do go for the flashier
species.

Hmmm... Perhaps if we started painting them like some fish farms do to
tetras, we could make a few bucks ;-)

Tony Gustafson

Follow-Ups: References: