Re: NFC: LIst Survey

In a message dated 5/13/99 2:32:31 PM US Central Standard Time,
joshuaw at paul_paulsmiths.edu writes:

<<
 1:  What sublists do you belong to?

All of them except one.

 2:  Did you know we had all these sublists?

Yes.

 3:  Do  you know the address for Santa Claus?  If so, what is it, and why
 do I get so much coal?

Yes.  Your coal problem may be related to asking too many off topic
questions.  :>
(Sorry Josh - just couldn't resist.)

 4:  Where you previously aware that I was list administrator?

Yes.

 4b: If not, have you ever wanted to contact the list admin. and not known
 how?

Always figured I'd just post question to list.

 5:  Have you ever thought you should have contacted the list administrator
 and not done so?

Yes.

 5b: If so, why?  (Feel free to generalize this.)

Just hadn't gotten around to it.

 5c: If not, have you ever contacted the list admin. or someone else with a
 problem, and if so what was it?

Being unable to open attachments and the weird notes from MDaemon regarding
"yonderway".  I'll get another here in a minute I suspect.

 6:  Are frequent "non member submission's" (I.e., mail I fwd onto the
 list) a problem to you?

Not so far.

 7:  Are attachments a problem?

Yes if I can't read them.  I can't.  Would highly prefer to have them in the
body of the e-mail.

 8:  Would you like to see a FTP site for attachemnts (esp. id this fish
 questions) to be uploaded to?
     Such a site may become a victim of SPAM or unwanted files reaching it.
 Would you a: Like to see it stay open?  b: Like me to work harder by
 'screening' uploads and then sending them on myself?  c: Like someone to
 just screen and delete junk from it?
     Would you visit such a site at all?

Not sure what all that means.  If someone has something they could post to
website and mentioned it on the list, I would check it out.

 9:  Would you like to see the reposted articles added to a FTP site like
that?

Don't know.

 b: SHould new ones still be sent to lists?

Yes, but having so many sublists and getting the same thing multiple times is
sort of a pain.

 10:  Should I be given a stipend with whcih to buy a new computer with?

I'll sell you Santa's address.  Ask him.

 11:  Would you like to see the NFC get a server and/or domain to contain
 its mailing lists?
 b: web page?
 c: E-mail addy's of "staff?"

No idea.

 12: Do you find cross posts to the lists excessive (i.e., mail to sunfish
 and NFC, etc.) ?

The only NFC crossposts I've noticed were distributed by leadership.  I'd
just as soon see fewer.

 13: If so, any suggestions on fixing it?
 14: Any suggestions for the web-life of NFC at all?
 15: Will lisab at netrover_com (LisaBabe) go out with me next Friday?
 16: Do you believe in a corrolation between flavour and colour of M&M's? >>

Sorry, no.