Re: NFC: Collecting trip

WOW congrats....The eggs should be fertile ...most likley the warmer tank
temp along with their ripe condition stimulated the spawn........I'll be
curious to see what kind of darters you collected  when you ID them
thanks for the note......

  When
>brought them home, one pair of the darters promptly spawned against
>the side
>of the glass.
>
>Question: Do females lay eggs when stressed that are infertile or are
>they
>released only in "normal" spawning activity? This particular pair
>seemed
>pretty amorous in their behavior but I missed the actual laying of the
>eggs.
>
>Regards,
>
>Kevin DeVries

Robert Rice
Help Preserve our Aquatic Heritage join the Native Fish Conservancy
online
 at our website  http://nativefish.interspeed.net/