Re: NFC: Re: THE LIST/survey

robert a rice wrote:

> 1. What are you from ?

From Philadelphia, PA but made my home two years ago in North Carolina.

> 2. How often do you check your email ?

More often than is healthy.  No, really.  I work in front of a computer
all day for IBM.  When I get home I check my personal mail.  Just waaaay
too much for my own good.

> 3. Whats your favorite thing about the NFC list ?

That I have a place to re-learn a great hobby with people who can
provide good answers. :-)

> 3. Whats your least favorite ?

I just signed up, but if I had to say anything, probably the lack of
native fish conversation.  Actually I thought I signed up for almost all
of the NFC lists but my mailbox has been pretty quiet.

> 4. If you could make 1 change to the NFC what would it be ?

MARKETING.  I didn't know the NFC existed.  I even did searches on the
internet for web sites dealing with the captive care of native fishes.
But I kept coming up empty handed.  Someone made an obscure reference to
NANFA on a newsgroup thread dealing with sunfishes, and from the NANFA
site I found the NFC.  There are many people out there interested in
native fishes that don't know about the NFC.  There are many popular
aquarium sites that don't know, either.  So advocacy and outreach should
be bigger goals for the NFC, I think.

--

Chris Hedemark
Email: chris at yonderway_com   ICQ: 28986378