NFC: Central Longears Spawning

Today My central Longears went into heavy spawning mode. I had to remove
one of the females after several hours of spawning. I made several
observations that are different.

1.) The females all refused shrimp today while the male took it with
relish.

2.) The breeding temp was a robust 82 degree's

3.) the females would approach the nest site and change color almost
instantly as they got there to a barred pale look...

4) One of my females turned out o be a sattelite male of 3 inches he
tried multiple times to dive in as a 3rd during spawning.....

All in all very interesting stuff wish i had a video camera it would have
made fascinating footage

Robert Rice
Help Preserve our Aquatic Heritage join the NFC
Check out our Exotic Removal Program and Breeders Program at our website
website  http://nativefish.interspeed.net/