NFC: DP daphnia pond water clearing up quickly

Several weeks ago, I took some Daphnia Magna and put them in a rainwater
pond.  Algae had already started growing in the pond and continued to grow in
the warming weather and increased sunlight.  The water became pretty murky.
In the last few days, all of a sudden the water has started to clear up and I
have noticed the Daphnia are everywhere.  Today I can see all the way to the
20" bottom.

Can anyone tell me why the water all of a sudden cleared up?  Are the Daphnia
filtering out everything that efficiently?

Moon suggested privately I go get some alfalfa hay at a pet store and sink it
in an old onion bag.  Any other ideas to keep culture going?

TIA

Chuck Church
Indianapolis, Indiana USA