NFC: Re: Native Fish Conservancy Digest V1 #260

Hi Chuck & All,
              Chicken laying pellets are pelletized chicken feed with
a high percentage of calcium in them.This seems to help hold them
together whilst submerged.The aniseed I use is actually derived from
the root of the licorice plant.(Glycyrrhiza).The traps I use are
commercially made collapseable bait traps that concertina for storage.
I have seen pictures of these on some American sites I have surfed to,
but I can't rememberwhere they are. I got the impression that they
were commonplace & are probably the ones you are using.The suggestion
of dry dog food would probably work & would be an inexpensive way to
go.
     All the best with your fishkeeping,Ken.