NFC: Algae control in Ponds....

Organic gardening Magazine reports in its May/June 1999 issue that barley
straw applied at the rate of 3 ounces of straw per square yard of Pond
surface in a nylon sack  severly inhibits algae growth. British
researchers have confirmed this fascinating fact but do not know why.
Corn stalks and wheat strraw also work but one must use higher doses of
straw. They also report no ill effects to pond inhabitants.

Robert Rice
Help Preserve our Aquatic Heritage join the NFC
Check out our Exotic Removal Program and Breeders Program at our website
website  http://nativefish.interspeed.net/