NFC: any Mexican Cyprinella out there and about Pangasius

Are there anyone who keep and breed or can get C. xanthicara, C.
alvarezdevillari, and C. lepida?  I would like to observe, keep and
breed them.  Contact me with my email below [I am currently study in the
US].
About Pangasius, generally they are unsuitable for anyone with less than
250-300 gallon tank/pond.  Pangasius hypothalmus [formerly P. sutchi]
can grow to at least 60 cm long and are always cruising around nonstop,
so it need lots of swimming space.  In my home country [Thailand] they
are a major food fish although the meat are not highly regard.  Actually
it [and the endangered P. gigas] is one of the uglier catfish when grow
up in its family [except the albinos].  The second generally known
species, P. sanitwongsai, is one of the most elegant catfish [and large
fish in general] with its long spine on pectoral, dorsal and pelvic
fins.  Beware though because it can grow to 2 meters long and are
getting rarer every day [anyone may visit Steinhart aquarium- I think
they still have a few of larger ones].  Also, this fish is fish hunter
and carrion feeder known to eat dead dogs and migrate to other fishes'
spawning ground to hunt small fishes.
I think most Pangasius are not avaliable yet in the US, but there are
some species of interests if you can find them and have big tanks for
them.  Pangasius larnaudiei is a stocky species with body shape more or
less similar to P. sanitwongsai.  When in life and in good health it is
in shade of steel blue with dark blue dorsum and light on the side and
lighter belly.  The pelvic and dorsal fins have long filaments.  Above
the pectoral fin base there is the trademark black spot.  Another
species, P. conchophilus [formerly P. notatus], is elongate with mouth
under snout.  Its healty body color is bronze with darker on top and
lighter below.  Both species are about 60-100 cm long and easy to keep,
but P. conchophilus seems to grow slowly.  More info can be found in
FAO's Fishes of the Cambodian Mekong.  Hope this help.
Tony
at at cisunix_unh.edu