NFC: question about redfin darter

D. Martin Moore, I see in your post about collecting redfin darters from
near your house.  Also, I read in the book Fishes of Arkansas that
redfin darter are easier to keep than many darters and accept prepared
food readily.  What state and how far south is this stream?  How warm is
the water the darter lives in at this time?  Do they begin breeding?
How long will they remain colorful and how long the breeding season
last?  Any more experience and suggestion on keeping this species?
Tony
at at cisunix_unh.edu