RE: NFC: keeping it cool - new ideas?

I understand that plastic and rubber tubing will reduce the amount of heat
transfer between the refrigerated air and water.  How about putting and
"open" sump in the small refrigerator.  The pump could still be outside the
refrigerator.  For maximum effect you could also aggitate the sumps water
surface (powerhead or airstone) to increase the heat transfer.

I do not know about aluminum's safety for use with plants and fish, but if
it were safe, I would use aluminum tubing (available from industrial supply
with a fairly thin wall.  Ask the salesperson what the most pliable 1/2"
thin wall aluminum tubing is, and carefully bend it around a large piece of
pipe or something with the correct diameter.  You can also buy tube benders
which are designed to do exactly this for abou $15 - 20.

Thin wall stainless tubing could also be used.

If anybody needs a source of supply for any industrial type items please
feel free to contact me directly (granm at cosmodyne_com).

Just my $0.02.

Michael Granville
granm at cosmodyne_com
Torrance, California