Re: NFC: READ THIS POST !!

In a message dated 3/27/99 6:36:07 PM US Central Standard Time,
robertrice at juno_com writes:

<< Adopt a Tank,

 In Scanning the Thread here for the last day or so the wealth of Aquarium
 Knowledge has become apparent to me. SO being a bit slow I finally
 realized this List should be writing the protocol for the Adopt a Tank
 Program. You guys have great skills at setting up Low cost Native Fish
 tanks so now it is time to Put it to Use I need 2-3 Volunteers with over
 5 years experience in the keeping of fish to help me write this protocol.
 I'll set up the basic format and you guys will add you experiences to
 fill in the gaps. It will essentially be written on a 6th grade level
 >..Wich most of my stuff is anyway :)

 Please apply to me at robertrice at juno_com

 tell me what you would like to see in a program and what kind of time
 your able to spend on doing this. If you are already stretched please do
 not apply :) >>

Thank you Robert!  You cannot do or think of everything!  But you will
probably end up coordinating everything.

A think the downloadable FAQ from the NFC website (mentioned in an earlier
post) is a wonderful idea.  It will help a lot of people and will attract a
lot of attention to NFC.

I'm going to quote you again on something I consider critical:

"IT WILL ESSENTIALLY BE WRITTEN ON A 6TH GRADE LEVEL"

Not shouting, emphasizing.  We must keep it simple, but accurate and
effective.  We must also plan the "Adopt A Tanks" around this.  Hardy fish,
right basic equipment, and if planted (which I prefer), right plants and plant
support system.  While there are plenty of choices out there, we need to
select basics that will almost surely succeed if instructions are followed.

Perhaps at a later date we could supply FAQ's for intermediate and advanced
levels.  But for now, I suggest we focus on instructions that any normally
intelligent 12 year old can follow and be successful at.

Chuck Church
Indianapolis, Indiana USA