Re: NFC: keeping it cool

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua L Wiegert <joshuaw at paul_paulsmiths.edu>
To: nfc at actwin_com <nfc at actwin_com>
Date: Thursday, March 25, 1999 10:13 PM
Subject: Re: NFC: keeping it cool

>I'm not sure how well this is going to work, or, hey, if its going to
>work. :)  But, I can certainly advice against using Copper, instead, try
>felxible plastic ("rubber") hosing, or PVC... both of which, tw, will
>probably be cheaper.

Unfortunately, this will really hurt your heat transfer rate, since plastic
and rubber are bad conductors of heat in comparison to copper.  This may or
may not be a problem, depending on the size of your refrigerator and
aquarium.  If you use plastic tubing with thin walls, this will reduce the
resistance of the tubing.

You might be able to use metal tubing safely if you cover the aquarium side
of the tubing with a thin layer of epoxy.

[\   Andrew Dalton
[\[\
[\  [\
[\[\[\[\