Re: NFC: Ellasoma

I believe the reason I've had problems keeping these little beauties alive
longer than a day after capture has been PH shock. After reading your article
again, I realized that the water both in the collecting pale and in the
holding bin in the back of my truck were filled with water in a PH range
closer to 7.8.  I will now start to collect them and hold them in more acid
water to see if it helps. This adds a whole new dimension in collecting
precedure and I will also be testing the water at different depths and
locations within the locality I am collecting to see if there is a major
difference in PH.
Daryl