NFC: DP Collecting in Bear Country

In light of the rising frequency of Human/Grizzly
bear conflicts, the Montana Department of Fish and
Game is advising hikers, hunters, and fishermen to
take extra precautions and keep alert for bears while
in the field.  We advise that outdoorsmen wear noisy
littlebells on their clothing so as not to startle
bears that aren't expecting them.  We also advise
outdoorsmen to carry pepper spray with them in case
of an encounter with a grizzly bear.

It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs
of bear activity. Outdoorsmen should recognize the
difference between Black bear and Grizzly bear dung.
Black bear dung is smaller and contains lots of berries
and squirrel fur.  Grizzly bear dung has little bells
in it and smells like pepper...