Re: NFC: Novumbra hubbsi

I agree with your comments on the suitability of the central mudminnow for the
home aquarium. I find them to possess a great deal of character. They behave
like miniature pickerel, staring at their prey while using pectoral fins to
"hover" until they strike out in a flash. Sometimes they maintain the most
bizarre angles as they examine a potential target. I have found them to be a
bit finicky on anything but live food--some individuals do not care for frozen
brine shrimp. Does anyone have any suggestions on alternative frozen food
sources? I have quite a time finding live gammarus this time of year.

Regards,

Kevin DeVries