Re: NFC: Herp has been ID'd....Sailfin shiners....

Interesting...Speaking of introced Herps...I want my stinking wall
lizards :)

Actually maybey wait until May. What fish did you want / I got a nice
batch of YOY sailfin shiners if folks are interested in trading for
some...I do take $$ in trade... :)

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 12:40:43 -0600 (CST) mcclurg luke e
<mcclurgl at washburn_edu> writes:

>Got an answer from Prof. Collins on the mystery snake.  Here it is.
>
>Luke
>

>>Dear Luke:
>>
>>It is a Brahminy Blind Snake (Ramphotyphlops braminus), a species
>>accidently introduced into Florida, and now well established and
>>reproducing.  Tell Daryl to check out the Peterson Field Guide
>(Third
>>Edition, 1991, page 144, or Third Edition Expanded, 1998, page 283)
>for
>>more information.  If possible, I would appreciate receiving a
>photograph
>>or slide of the specimen. My addresses are below.  Thanks.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>

>>Joseph T. Collins
>>        The Wildlife Author Laureate of Kansas
>>
>>Mailing addresses:
>>
>>Director
>>The Center for North American Amphibians and Reptiles (CNAAR)
>>1502 Medinah Circle
>>Lawrence, Kansas 66047
>>(785) 749-3467
>>Email: jcollins at ukans_edu
>>Web Page: http://eagle.cc.ukans.edu/~cnaar/
>>
>>Adjunct Herpetologist
>>Kansas Biological Survey
>>2041 Constant Avenue
>>The University of Kansas
>>Lawrence, Kansas 66047
>>(785) 864-4920
>>Email: jcollins at ukans_edu
>>
>>Herpetologist Emeritus
>>Natural History Museum
>>The University of Kansas
>>Lawrence, Kansas 66045-2454
>>(785) 864-4920
>>Email: jcollins at ukans_edu
>>
>>FAX for all:  (785) 864-5093

Robert Rice
Help Preserve our Aquatic Heritage join the NFC
email us at NFC at actwin_com or  Sunfishtalk at listbot_com
website  http://nativefish.interspeed.net/

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]