NFC: oscar diet study

> Tank 1 fish weighed average of 48 grams with length of 10 cm
> Tank 2 fish weighed average of 119 grams and length of 16 cm
>
> Quandary stop experiment and feed Tank 1 live food also or continue for 3
> more months.

Ron,
Although we can not draw strong conclusions from two tanks of
fish, it sure seems like live food accelerates growth. Not too big a
surprise, I suppose, except for the sheer magnitude of the effect.
Given the basic result you have in hand, it seems more interesting to
me to switch Tank 1 to live food and see to what degree they can
compensate for lost growth. Compensatory mechanisms are known for
many animals (e.g. snails).

Thom DeWitt