Re: NFC:sexing sunfish

Try this method.
  The urol genital opening( the two holes where "poop" and eggs or sperm
are realeased) is the place to look on over three inch fish.  Males the
two holes are the same size, females will have one hole considerably
larger than the other so eggs can fit out.  This method takes a little
pratice, as I honed my skill when filleting fish for food.  Now that I am
familiar with this, I am 99% right with most species of fish.  Smaller
fish are hard to tell 'cause the openings are so small.
Ray

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]