Re: NFC: gender identity crisis

The ones that are spawning are the longear sunfish.  But my females are so
stressed they are turning black I have one the refuses to eat anything and just
sits in a corner and does nothing.  He has managed to bully all fish into one
corner of the tank.  I have a pair of golden goramies and a large blue male in
with them and a couple of ozark minnows.

If I am successful in getting the females to go ahead and spawn will a bronze
catfish or a plcossumus bother the eggs.  From what I have read I understand
that the male is extreamly protective of the fry and other fish like to sneak
their eggs in to be guarded but the plcossumus(alge eater) isn't afraid of the
sunfish at all.

Thank you for you help and I think the identity crisis is over they are
bluegills.

ChristyB