Re: NFC: feeder fish as a vector for disease

Yes I have always found feeders to be an unacceptable disease vector
especially considering they contract disease frequently due to shipping
stress. My biggest perpetrators have been guppies and "rosy reds" minnows.
Overall I have found bait store stock (minnows only) more reliable since
they are often kept at lower temperatures which is more tolerable to the
fish. I have never had problems with fatheads purchased from a local bait
store. Overall the best solution is to wein them off livefood as soon as
possible. Frozen foods being much safer. Take care.