Re: NFC: Longfin Albino Oscar

Looks like I had some albinos hatch out yesterday.  It's hard to tell when
they're just a big yoke sac with a little thread of a tail.  Most of them
have started to develop some dark pigment on either side.  A few seem to be
lacking any pigment.  They all have the yellow color of the yoke.  My first
impression is that I have got the expected ratio of 1/4 homozygous wild,
1/2 heterozygous wild and 1/4 homozygous albino.  But that's just a guess.
To really know, I would have to raise them to adults and make various
crosses to see what kind of offspring they throw.

Mark Binkley
Columbus Ohio USA          <))><
mbinkley at earthling_net