Re: NFC: goldfish too high in fat?

> Definetly gut loading with a good all around flake cant hurt, I have done
> this for many years.  Does seem like it would help balance out any dietary
> deficiencies.

The biggest deficiency in prepared foods is vitamin C.  John
Gratzek used to recommed making "jello" with flake food and
unflavored gelatin, with a vitamin C capsule added to the mix, and a
sardine or two for palatability.  The gook can be frozen and slivers
can be shaved off for feeding.  Kind of like a modern day Gordon's
formula.

Prost,

Martin

Greater American Freshwater Fishes Resource Site (GAFFeRs):  http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/

"Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade

"Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes

Follow-Ups: References: