NFC: Mysid Shrimp

Recently I had writen in saying that I had collected some Mysid Shrimp form
my area of the Rappahannock river here in Fredericksburg , VA.  Well I have
set up a 10 gallon aquarium with some riccia and a large piece of
driftwood. The filter is a Marineland Biowheel and I have fut a sponge
filter on the attachment to keep the lil guys from getting sucked up the
siphon tube.

I stocked the tank with 4 grass shrimp and about 30 mysid shrimp, and so
far everythings peachy.  I had been trying to figure out what to feed the
lil buggers, so I tried shrimp pellets and then spirolina tablets...The
mysid shrimp hide most of the time, but I woke up yesterday to find about
15 of them munching on the four tablets I had dropped in the tank the
afternoon before. They are coming out in the open more often, darting about
the tank, and the grass shrimp seem to give them no notice.

I am hoping to establish a breeding colony of these little crustaceans, if
anyone has any advice I am open for suggestions!

-Christian Reynolds