Re: NFC: Forwarded SPAM stuff - viruses

>Some simple facts about viruses, as they're the big ones. . .  The only
>way you can get a virus on your computer is by downloading and executing
>an executable... you cannot get it by downloading HTM,txt, JPG, or zip
>files (though a virus may be included in an executable in a zip file).
>These files are programs that do stuff -- things tha (for DOS/Windows
>users) would end in .exe, .bat, etc.

Oh, you mean like all those cutesy little graphics and political
commentaries that have been going around lately with that .exe extension?
Boy, if somebody wanted to spread a virus, they've had plenty of good
opportunities lately.  Looks like we're all in for a big crash at 12:01 am,
January 1, 2000... Just thought I'd share a little paranoia.

Mark Binkley
Columbus Ohio USA          <))><
mbinkley at earthling_net