Re: NFC: Peltier Junction Cooling

From:           	"Andrew S Dalton" <ASDALTON at prodigy_net>
To:             	<nfc at actwin_com>
Subject:        	Re: NFC: Peltier Junction Cooling
Date sent:      	Tue, 5 Jan 1999 21:03:54 -0500
Send reply to:  	nfc at actwin_com

> Does anyone know how the coefficient of cooling for a Peltier
junction
> compares with that of a compressor-driven chiller?  In other
words, how much
> power (W) must be added for a given rate of heat transfer (Q)?  I
know that
> the thermodynamic limit is given by W/Q = 1 - Tc/Th, where Tc
and Th are the
> absolute temperatures of the cold and hot sides, respectively.

Here is what I found at All Electronics (www.allcorp.com)

12V, 8.5A yields a temp of 0C on one side and 50C on the other.
The device is about 1.5 inches square.

Prost,

Martin

Greater American Freshwater Fishes Resource Site (GAFFeRs):  http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/

"Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade

"Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes