Re: NFC: Got Books!

> actually   the "Aquarium" you mentioned from the 30s sounds intriguing, is it
> a mag. or a book?   Does anyone have any recources for "old" books?   It's
> another passion of mine.
> TIA     Daryl

These are magazines.  Jay Delong (bless him) gave me a book he
came across at a used book store called _Aquarium Highlights_
which contained articles from that publication.  Since then, I've
found several copies available on the internet for just a few dollars
(go to www.bibliophile.com).  The most interesting thing to me
about this older literature is the advertisements.  I got hooked on
_The Aquarium_ when I was a college student.  The library had
several bound volumes of back issues (mostly from the 50's), which
I greatly enjoyed reading.

My wife always keeps an eye out for old books for me.  She
brought home a copy of _Mutiny on the Bounty_ the other day,
which she paid about $0.25 for at a garage sale.  Turned out to be
a first edition!

Prost,

Martin

Greater American Freshwater Fishes Resource Site (GAFFeRs):  http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/

"Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade

"Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes