NFC: Peltier Junction Cooling

Has anyone attempted to use a Peltier Junction as a cooling device for an
aquarium?  It is a semiconductor that  uses DC power to cool one side and
heat the other.  Changing the direction of the DC power reverses the effect.
They are presently used in picnic coolers and to cool the cpu chip in
computers.  They voltage required is generally 12V or less.  I'm interested
in making such a device for cooling a darter tank that I am considering
building.  Inserting one in the flow of the filter flow would allow the
cooling needed in summers.  A URL search yielded the addresses below but no
examples of aquarium use.  Any assistance would be appreaciated.  I
appologize for any problems that cross-posting may cause.

http://www.zetatalk.com/shelter/tshlt06f.htm

http://www.losingtouch.com/PW/solarpeltier.html

http://www.alltronics.com/catalog.htm

Thanks
Carl
<chateaustripmin at mcn_net>
I collect data CD's, I don't buy them, I just collect them.